This winter came with a fury leaving yards covered with a blanket of fallen leaves and downed branches… but don’t fret, curbside collection of yard trimmings makes yard cleanup a breeze!
Yard trimmings – leaves, weeds, prunings, branches and small limbs – are picked up weekly throughout The Woodlands on your regular solid waste service day. No additional service tags are required. All yard trimmings should be placed at the curb, at least 4 feet from 96-gallon carts, by 7 a.m. on your scheduled service day.
- Put in an open container such as a traditional 31-gallon trash can.
- NO petroleum-based plastic bags.
- Note: May be bagged in certified compostable bags that meet ASTM-6400 standards. Certified compostable, plant-based bags and Kraft bags are currently available at Kroger, Randalls, H.E.B., Target and Ace Hardware.
- Nothing larger than 4 inches in diameter.
- Trimmed to 4 feet in length.
- Tied with natural twine into bundles no higher than 4 feet.
- May also be placed in an open container.
- Bundles and containers must weigh no more than 40 pounds.
- Live, green trees only.
- Remove all decorations, lights and tanglers from the tree.
- Remove the tree stand.