Shopping from the comfort of your home in your PJs is easy. Deciphering what to do with all the packaging that comes with those fabulous purchases is the hard part. Check out these tips to learn how to dispose of online shopping waste wisely.
Looking for ways to reduce packaging from online purchases?
- Try filling your cart throughout the week and combining purchases into one weekly delivery. Choose “Frustration-Free” Packaging to reduce extra boxes.
- Consider shopping at stores that use thoughtful packaging materials. As this concept becomes more mainstream, the demand will increase and gain popularity!
- Choose ground delivery to reduce air travel. This option can save you a bit of money and also reduces the carbon footprint of your package.
- Shop at local businesses and bring your own bag or containers.
Check out these recycling tips from previous blogs:
- Recycling Dilemma #1005 – Take-out Containers
- Recycling Dilemma #1004 – To bag or not to bag
- Recycling Dilemma #1003 – Moving Boxes and Oversized Cardboard
- Recycling Dilemma #1002 – Got Stuff?
- Recycling Dilemma #1001– Oversized Cardboard & Moving Boxes