Join the community-wide litter cleanup day!
The 11th annual Earth Day GreenUp is nearly here. Team up with family and friends to target litter in our parks and green spaces. Each year more than a thousand GreenUp volunteers remove over 4,500 pounds of litter - the equivalent of 76 of our curbside trash carts!
On the day of the event, check in between 8 and 10 a.m. at one of eight Township parks. There you’ll receive disposable gloves, bags, a map to a nearby cleanup location and a limited supply of trash grabbers. Please bring your own reusable water bottle and work gloves. Once you’ve checked in it’s time to head out and clean up. The event runs until 11 a.m. but finishing earlier is fine.
When you’ve returned bagged litter and equipment to the check-in site, it’s time to party! The Woodlands Township, your local Village Association, and event sponsors will host “clean your block parties” at each check-in site. Enjoy a pizza lunch and celebrate your efforts with your neighbors from 11 a.m to noon.
Earth Day GreenUp is coordinated by The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department with support from Waste Management, Woodlands Water, H-E-B, Howard Hughes Corporation, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Papa John’s Pizza, Keep Texas Beautiful and The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 281-210-3800.
Join Earth Day GreenUp 2022
- Register through Monday, March 21 at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/greenup
- Check-in: Saturday, March 26, 8 to 10 a.m. at a location near you. Walk-ups welcome.
- Alden Bridge: Alden Bridge Park
- Cochran’s Crossing: Shadowbend Park
- College Park: Harper’s Landing Park
- Creekside Park: The Lodge at Rob Fleming Park
- Grogan’s Mill: Sawmill Park
- Indian Springs: Falconwing Park
- Panther Creek: Ridgewood Park
- Sterling Ridge: May Valley Park
- Cleanup: 8 to 11 a.m.
- Check-out & Clean Your Block Party: 11 a.m. to noon
- More Info: Call Environmental Services at 281-210-3800
On event day, remember:
- Walk ups are welcome
- All participants will need to sign a waiver at check-in. Participants under the age of 18 must be signed in by a parent or legal guardian.
- Wear appropriate clothing – long pants and closed-toe shoes or boots are recommended
- Remember hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, reusable gloves and water bottle
- Disposable gloves and bags will be provided
- A limited number of grabbers and vests will be available for groups that register