Refer to these guidelines and reminders to help you sort through your holiday throwaways.
Trash and recycling curbside service
There will be no trash or recycling service on Tuesday, December 25 or Tuesday,
January 1. All services are affected—trash, recycling, yard trimmings, bulk pick-up, and Simple Recycling (orange textile bags).
Regular pick-up schedule will resume Monday, January 7.
The holidays can push your recycle bin to its limit. Put your extra recyclables in a cardboard box or paper bag and set it out with your recycle bin. They’ll be picked-up on the the service day immediately following Christmas.
Follow these guidelines with your recyclables to ensure service:
- Break down boxes to consolidate into one box.
- Put extra paper wrappings in a paper bag or small box.
- Place bags and boxes at the curb next to the recycling cart.
- Remember, these items are NOT recyclable:
Ribbons, decorations, Christmas lights or other tanglers.
Cut, unflocked tree recycling
- Remove all decorations and lights from tree.
- Remove tree stand.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
- Green trees will be picked up by the yard trimming truck as part of your regularly scheduled services.
- Another Option: Natural trees can be dropped off at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, between December 26, 2018, and January 7, 2019. Please deposit trees in the Christmas Tree Corral in the parking lot at any time of day.
Flocked tree disposal
- Schedule as bulk/heavy pick up by calling Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees are destined for the landfill.
- Requires purchase of a pink extra service tag for $1.75 per tag.
- Purchase tags from The Woodlands Township offices, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) and Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
- Attach one tag per bag.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
The Woodlands Recycling Center
The Woodlands Recycling Center on Research Forest Drive is not affected by the holiday and is open every Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To report missed pick-ups, please call Waste Management Customer Service