In observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays, there will be no solid waste collection services on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 or Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
All services are affected—trash, recycling, yard trimmings, bulk pick-up, and Simple Recycling (orange textile bags). The chart below shows when service will be provided.
The Woodlands Recycling Center (5402 Research Forest Dr)
- Closed – Wednesday December 25 and January 1
- Open – every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Recycle Holiday Boxes and Wrappings
If your recycling cart is full, take advantage of special holiday recycling. On the first service day following December 25 in each Village, additional cardboard boxes, gift boxes and plain recyclable wrapping paper will be picked up for recycling. NO FOIL, GLITTER, OR EMBOSSED PAPER ALLOWED.
- Break down smaller gift and mailing boxes to consolidate into one box.
- Put extra paper wrappings in a small box.
- Place additional boxes at the curb next to the recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is reserved only for recyclables.
- DO NOT bag your recyclables. Leave them loose in the box or cart.
- NO plastic bags.
- NO Styrofoam™
- NO bubble wrap.
- NO ribbon, decorations, or Christmas lights.
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Cut Christmas Tree Recycling – Unflocked Trees Only
- Remove tree stand, all decorations and lights.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day for collection by the yard trimmings truck.
- Other Option: Natural trees can be dropped off at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, between December 26, 2019, and January 7, 2020. Please deposit trees in the Christmas Tree Corral in the parking lot at any time of day. Trees will be chipped and used as ground cover at the facility.
Flocked Christmas Tree Disposal
- Schedule for bulk pick-up by calling Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
Extra Trash Bags
- Extra bags of trash can be placed on the curb next to your cart.
- Each bag must be affixed with a pink extra service tag.
- Purchase tags for $1.75 each from The Woodlands Township offices, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) or Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
- Each bag may weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Missed Pick-ups. Please call Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
Usable Home Items in Good Condition
Consider donating usable items to local charities before throwing them away. Here is a list of all local donation centers.