Keep The Woodlands recycling program going strong by refreshing your knowledge of curbside guidelines. Above all, follow the Golden Rule of Recycling: place only the approved items in your recycling cart. Items other than those specified are considered contaminants. Common contaminants included plastic bags, tanglers (cords or string), food waste, hazardous waste, and Styrofoam. These items harm machinery, endanger workers and reduce the value of the approved materials.
Many items that don’t belong in your curbside cart can be recycled locally. Find where to take plastic bags, electronics, Styrofoam, batteries and more with The Woodlands Township’s Recycle More Guide.
Did you know? Half of the contamination found in our recycling is bagged recyclables. Are you collecting recyclables in a bag? Simply empty the contents into the cart. Take clean plastic bags back to grocery stores for recycling. Trash the dirty ones. Share this tip with three friends or neighbors to keep our recycling program strong.
For more information about recycling, visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/recyling.
Check out these recycling tips from previous blogs:
- Recycling Dilemma #1009: Caution, that pizza box is cheesy!
- Recycling Dilemma #1008: Plastic bags and film – Friend or Foe?
- Recycling Dilemma #1007: How to stay caffeinated, sustainably
- Recycling Dilemma #1006: Online Shopping
- Recycling Dilemma #1005: Take-out Containers
- Recycling Dilemma #1004: To bag or not to bag
- Recycling Dilemma #1003: Moving Boxes and Oversized Cardboard
- Recycling Dilemma #1002: Got Stuff?
- Recycling Dilemma #1001: Oversized Cardboard & Moving Boxes