Celebrate America Recycles Day at this convenient, free one-day recycling event from the comfort and safety of your own vehicle or bicycle on Saturday, November 14, 2020 from 9 a.m. to noon in the parking lot of The Woodlands High School (enter from Millennium Forest Dr).
This recycling drive-thru event provides opportunities to recycle items that cannot be recycled in curbside carts. Refer to the list below for accepted items and guidelines. Free recycling is for residents only, please no businesses.
Please note, for the safety of staff, volunteers and residents, the following guidelines are in place. All volunteers and staff will wear face coverings. Participants are required to wear a face covering, as well, while items are being removed from the car. If you don’t have one, we’re happy to provide one.
This year’s Village Recycling Challenge item is Alkaline AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V batteries. This friendly competition awards funds for scholarships to Villages with the highest participation; funds are donated by The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N. Please label your bag/box of batteries with your Village’s name.
Free 1-Day Drive-thru Recycling
Bag or box items separately by category and place them in your trunk or rear passenger–side seat for safe access by volunteers. A volunteer will open the trunk or rear-side passenger door to remove items. Residents only, no businesses please.
- Batteries – Alkaline AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V labeled with village name.
- Disposable razors and packaging. See this list for examples.
- Eyeglasses, sunglasses and cases
- Oral Care Products – Toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes and floss containers.
- Snack and drink pouches – Any brand with straws and pouch lids. See this list for examples.
- Styrofoam block packaging – No food containers or cups.
- Textiles – Overly worn clothing, shoes, linens, fabric scraps and other unusable textiles. Please donate any good, usable items to local charities here.
- Secure on-site document shredding
- Residential only - limited capacity (first come, first served)
- Recommended donation of 5 cans of food or $5 per box; benefits Interfaith Food Pantry