Whether you relocated from across the country, moved a kid home from college, or just received delivery of a new flat screen TV, dealing with the cardboard boxes are no problem! Your curbside solid waste services through Waste Management provide a special pick-up day each month for recycling oversized and overabundance of cardboard boxes. The service is provided to each neighborhood in The Woodlands once a month at no additional cost.
2 Easy Steps:
Determine your pick-up day by Village
- 2nd Monday of the Month: Alden Bridge, Cochran’s Crossing, Sterling Ridge.
- 4th Friday of the Month: Creekside Park, College Park, Grogan’s Forest, Grogan’s Mill, Indian Springs, Panther Creek, Research Forest, Town Center.
Schedule bulk recycling pick-up of cardboard
- At least 2 business days prior to the scheduled pick-up day, call Waste Management Customer Service at 1-800-800-5804.
- Request and keep the confirmation number until service occurs.
For a trouble-free pick-up, please follow these guidelines:
- Flatten boxes, then bundle and stack them curbside.
- Fold packing paper and place in your recycling cart for pick-up on your regular service day.
- NO packing peanuts, Styrofoam™, bubble wrap or plastic.
- Place items at the curb before 7 a.m. on the pre-scheduled pick-up day.
Have an abundance of cardboard and don’t want to wait?
Take it to one of our local Drop-off centers
The Woodlands Recycling Center 5100 block of Research Forest, west of Bear Branch Recreation Center Open Wednesday, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Precinct 3 Recycling Complex 1122 Pruitt Road—Call for details: 281-367-7283 Open Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., closed for lunch 11:30 to 12:30
Check out these recycling tips from previous blogs:
- Recycling Dilemma #1010 – Textiles
- Recycling Dilemma #1009 – Cheesy Pizza Boxes
- Recycling Dilemma #1008 – Plastic Bags and Film
- Recycling Dilemma #1007 – K-Cups
- Recycling Dilemma #1006 – Online Shopping
- Recycling Dilemma #1005 – Take-out Containers
- Recycling Dilemma #1004 – To bag or not to bag
- Recycling Dilemma #1002 – Got Stuff?
- Recycling Dilemma #1001– Oversized Cardboard & Moving Boxes